Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

RE: Transition Festival 2012

This festival took place in sunny Spain, in the southern part close to Seville beginning of April (5-9th). I wrote an earlier post about it if you like to read more background information. This will be a review, strictly from my personal point of view... And what a great experience I had, it is without a doubt one of the best festivals I have attended. So what made it so great?

First of all, the overall mood of the festival was perfect. Everyone was happy, friendly and enjoying themselves in a laid-back way. I got the feeling that most people were there to hang out with their friends, relax and dance to really good music. 
   Second of all, the spot for the festival was beautiful. Really tall pine-trees surrounded the whole festival area, and made a nice backdrop to the main-stage. You really felt in awe of nature when you looked around on the dance-floor seeing all these majestic trees everywhere. Also the decoration really fit the bill, not to much but instead, it felt as a compliment to the beautiful surroundings, just making a bit more psychedelic ;)
   The musical program felt really thought through from the organizers. I felt that all the music was playing at the exact right time considering the time of day. Also it was good that the chill-out played dance-music the first night/morning so that everyone could start stretch their legs. Otherwise I kind of forget about the chill, it overall felt a bit left to its on devices. Maybe something to think about until next year. My absolute favourite-artist was Lucas from Tip World playing the perfect mix of crunchy, minimal psychedelic trance. His set really put everyone on the dance-floor in a crazed frenzy :). Other acts I really enjoyed were Tantrix, Hypnoise, Hypnocoustics and Aphid Moon. The sound-system was really good, not playing to loud, but enough that you could feel the music in your body, and the sound was really clear. Usually you don´t need to crank it up playing everything on red as long as you have a high-quality sound system ;). I was mostly doing my dancing day-time so night-time I cannot really review the music during the nights. Only thing was the last evening/night when I heard some pretty shitty music from my tent. Overall the day-time bookings seemed to have received more focus than night-time. I hope the organizers will think about this until next year and put some more interesting acts also during the nights.

   Also I would wish for more food-stalls presenting more varied dishes and maybe a few toilets more, and the showers being open a bit earlier (around noon is a bit late for us early birds). Other than this I am 100% happy with the festival, and the great weather (yay for dancing in t-shirt in early april) really put the hammer on the nail. It ends up on the top-3 of my festivals and I hope to return again next year (although having the festival even earlier (end of March) might stop me, cause the nights were pretty damn cold and will probably be even colder). Being forced from one´s tent in the early cold morning to take a piss isn´t that romantic ;). Anyway, big ups to the organizers for doing a fantastic job, loads of hugs to everyone attending, and a big thanks and all my love for everyone in my camp making this festival into that great experience that it was. I didn´t want to go home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment